BOOK ISLE presents:
|March 1 to April 12,
Brighten Your Outlook
$25 Phone Card and
assorted Fun & Useful Office Items
from Book Isle and Authors
Drawing held April 12, 2001
To enter, just help us BREAK OUT of winter doldrums --
email us your favorite
"signature line" or SHORT quote
to spread some cheer [be sure to add proper credits if
This is a Random drawing... not a judge of best signature
line. See Rules below
We will add list of interesting signature lines on bottom of
this page as contest progresses.
Ronda Inman of Texas,
$25 phone card
Michele at Book Isle Paperbacks,
and the items listed below from various authors as gifts
Poster of Troy Sutter featuring the cover art of JETTISON by d.e. white
Post-its and Neon Note pad from Carly Phillips & Janelle Denison
Letter opener from Jamie Denton & Book Isle
Magnetic Message Boards from Leanne Banks and Book Isle
Cy is including her favorite office accessory...
A SQUOOSHIE [Chewing gum
for the hand! by Oregon Aero, Inc.]
Writing paper from Pocket Books, Key chain from Tina St. John, bumper sticker from Nora Roberts,
Star pen from Peggy Wade and magnets &pens from
several other authors.
Honorable Mention winner
[no way would I say a book comes second place!]
Twigg, West Virginia, USA
- A PERFECT EVIL by Alex Kava or THE SILENT ROSE
by Kat Martin
- We will also include Poster of Troy Sutter featuring the cover art
of JETTISON; letter opener from Jamie Denton; Book Isle's Wipe-board
& letter opener and magnets & pens from
Pens & Magnets donated by these authors. Gift pack may not
include all of these.
||Diana Lesire Brandmeyer
||Linda Lea Castle
||Tina St John
- No purchase necessary. ONLY 1 entry per week per address* and/or email.
- Please do not send entries to store's regular email. Only the
contest email entries sent to the correct email will be accepted.
We are not responsible for entries "lost in cyberspace" or otherwise misdirected.
- For each paid order, we will give a "BONUS ENTRY" IF you have already
entered the drawing.
- Please note: Book Isle respects your privacy. All information WILL
be kept confidential. You will NOT be added to a mailing list.
For links to previous contests, please see "Who You
Know" page or Site map.
SIGNATURE LINES & QUOTES:
By the ever famous "Anonymous"or "Unknown"
- Behold the turtle. He only makes progress when he sticks
his neck out!
- The only tools one needs in life:
WD-40 to make things go and duct tape to make them stop.
- Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
- Even the smallest good deed Is better than the grandest good intention.
- Wine: I'd rather drink it than listen to it.
- Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their
level, then beat you with experience.
- Better late than never!
- Success is when luck meets determination.
- "Work smarter, not harder"
- When you get to the end of your rope, Tie a knot and
- "Memory is a silent second take"
- I want what SHE'S having."
- "Eat all your vegetables and clean your plate, don't you know there are children in other countries who are starving." (as if that will help?
Usually said by mothers, I don't who was the first one?)
- Cherish the moment: Have a great day!
- "Live life to the fullest"
- "Love is too young to know what conscience is."
- "Reach for the stars!"
- teacher's favorite quote is "no name no credit"
- I went to find myself. If I return, keep me here.
- I'm not tense, I'm just terribly, terribly alert!
- Its better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all.
- You are not born a woman; you become one.
- NEVER SAY NEVER
- Live and let live
- This too shall pass....
- "The most wasted day of all is one without laughter"
- Never miss a good chance to shut up.
- A closed mouth gathers no foot.
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
- Some days you are the bug; some days you are the windshield.
- When life gives you lemons-make lemonaide!
- The measure of love is when you love without measure.
- About the only thing ever lost by politeness is a seat in a crowded bus.
- Be Yourself....Everyone else is taken!
- Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
- Save the Whales.
Collect the whole set.
- When things get tough I'm not too worried... Because
I have chocolate.....And I'm not afraid to use it!
- Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.
- I do not read to think, I do not read to learn,
I do not read to search for the truth, I know the truth.
The truth is hardly what I need. I read to dream.
- In Europe an actor is an artist.
In Hollywood, if
he isn't working, he is a bum. - Anthony Quinn
- "Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching" - Satchel Paige
- Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark read. - Groucho Marx.
- Lady Astor: "If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Winston Churchill: "Madam, if I were your husband, I'd drink it!"
- "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist
sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
- "The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they'll be when you take their job, their money, and their wife"
- "A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns
home to find it." - George Moore, Irish writer
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "My spelling is Wobbly," said Pooh. "It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places." -
- You must go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning.
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Dalai Lama
- To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. -- Elbert Hubbard
- When I'm good, I'm good; when I'm bad, I'm better! - Mae West
- "Never slap a man who's chewin' tobacco." - Will Rogers
- Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. - Will Rogers
- As the Devil (Al Pacino) said in The Devil's Advocate: "Stay small, stay innoculous. Never let'em see you coming"
- "The world is all a stage, and each of us its players." -William Shakespeare
- "A smile is a curve that sets everything straight." - Phyllis Diller
- "Popularity? It's glory's small change." - Victor Hugo
- "Take time every day to do something silly." - Philipa Walker
- Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. - Oprah Winfrey
- "Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead." - Chinese proverb
- If your life at night is good, you think you have everything. -
- "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda : STAR WARS
- "I will not let my experience define God's character - only my own" - Yancy
- "Life is a promise; fulfill it." - Mother Teresa
- "There are three rules for writing the novel.
Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." - W. Somerset Maugham.
- No matter where you go there you are. (Greek Philospher ... don't know who)
- "It is only one step from the sublime to the ridiculous." Napoleon Bonaparte
- "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook." William James
- "If you leave me, can I come too?" - Greedy Smith
- The chief objection to new books is that they prevent us from reading the old ones. -
If you know a quote that should have credits noted, please let us know to
Contest entries listed on web page are at webmasters discretion
and in no way influence drawing results or reflect all the entries received.